Jelly Roll Cake

I can still remember, I am the best Jelly Roll maker in my batch. Mine was soft and firm. That's the reason why my instructor do love me everytime we're on the laboratory. Ahh, I miss those times when I'm on the stock room borrowing utensils and other baking stuffs. :D I really wanna share what I've learned from my school.

Prepare this:
5 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
5 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup cake flour
confectioners sugar
jam, jelly or marmalade



Here's How:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line and grease again an 11x15 inch jelly roll pan. Set aside. In a bowl, beat eggwhites until soft peak stage. Add tge sugar gradually while beating continuously until stiff but not dry. Stir in eggyolks one at a time, while beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla and melted butter.  Sift flour over the mixture then carefully fold in. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Prepare a sheet of brown paper and sift confectioners sugar over it. If brown paper is not available, use a piece of cheese cloth or a towel. Remove the cake from the oven and immediately put on the piece of brown paper, cheesecloth or towel. Peel off the paper lining then roll up the cake tightly. Unroll then spread with jam, jelly or marmalade. Reroll then dust the top with more confectioner sugar if desired.

PS.
I really miss our kitchen laboratory. :)


I'm not here. :P My classmates chatting while on their actual baking.
Our stock room full of cooking utensils. :D
Another batch of "Bakery Science" students (09-10).
Love, MYX

blog comments powered by Disqus