Tuna Casserole

Good day! I'm here with my second blog post. Yippee!
Today, I'm going to teach you on how to make
TUNA CASSEROLE (MY VERY OWN).
I used to prepare this recipe last year, when I'm taking our Semifinal exam in International Cuisine (My major subject last semester, and it cost too much ;P).
We are obliged to prepare and cook one recipe that will count as our exam.



I first came up with carrot stuffs, but it was rejected by myself :P.
Then with Chinese Cabbage things, and rejected again. And then, I tried to look to other references and then, I got that Tuna Casserole.

In making this, you'll need to prepare the following;

INGRIDIENTS:

1 onion (chopped)
1 can of tuna fish
1 can of evaporated milk
1 can of pimiento
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 tsp of sifted flour
400g of elbow macaroni
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp of cooking oil
quick melt cheese (optional)

PROCEDURE:

After the preparation, let's begin with the macaroni. Cook the macaroni in a boiling water seasoned with salt and oil. Drain, and set it aside.
Next, saute onion in a sauce pan and add the chopped pimentos. I recommend to use
branded pimentos instead of thee cheaper one cause they vary in taste and quality. Sprinkle flour and season with salt and pepper. Add now your cream of mushroom and milk, stir until it's smooth and fluffy(cake??..ha-ha). You can now add the elbow macaroni and tuna flakes in your mixture.
Wait! It's not yet done! In a pyrex baking dish, spread your macaroni mixture and top with cheese if you want. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until browned.

If you don't have oven, you need not to buy your own. You can have this tuna casserol without baking. Cook-friendly isn't it??.. :)



Enjoy! :)

Love, MYX

blog comments powered by Disqus